megwheresheis

This is about my journeys that take me to wherever I am... physically, emotionally, spiritually... just where I am... on this crazy journey. Feel free to jump on and come for the ride, visitors most welcome.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

yet another rambling...

These past few days have been quite intense for me. Today I was reflecting on an old belief I had that "everyone can contribute to the world by finding their talents and seeing how they fit into a global picture... you can't help until you know what your passions are"... So now I'm a bit confused... hunger to me seems to be bubbling to the top again on my list of global issues to work on. Because it's a basic need, it seems to take precident over other things. Because millions of people cannot find what they have to offer the world because they haven't got enough food.... but then I look deeper and see that it's all so darn connected. Without respecting the natural world and using sustainable practices, we will have no resources ... without alleviating poverty, many have no hope... without religion, some lose the motive to help others and the faith that they could make a difference... without art, many don't feel expressed... without science, where do we begin to understand things... without nursing and health studies (holistic included), how can people function.... without a home, how can people have a chance in society... with the current economic stage of capitalism where the bottom line is money and not human rights, how can we ever seek justice?... and my meandering mind continues on its journey to seek out work for myself in this world of injustice and hope.... I would love to have your feedback.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home