megwheresheis

This is about my journeys that take me to wherever I am... physically, emotionally, spiritually... just where I am... on this crazy journey. Feel free to jump on and come for the ride, visitors most welcome.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

alas... fall is here

So here it is, the beginning of the dance these beautiful leaves all take, first revealing their true natures by allowing their colors to be... then giving up on the whole thing all together... and becoming one.

It's about this time of year when I tend to feel "eek-gads, I'm just about over this learning thing"... but there's also a renewal in my heart right now. I have given up on some things recently, or rather accepted the changing nature in all things and released my resistance of the reality that is. Recent events have helped me to, like the leaves, acknowledge the true color of things, relationships in particular. I've realized again that openness means communication (of course)... also that hearts are silly things... and having one that works is somewhat like taking an untrained dog for a walk. You say alright let's go, and then that silly dog runs way ahead of you, sometimes even out of sight... then you catch up to the dog, and realize that it is hanging out in someone's yard without invitation.... it's always hard to get the dog out of the yard you know it should not be in. Hearts are much slower than logic... you can know something, but only feel it when your heart understands.

... so what I'm saying is that my heart is working on accepting something that I've had an inkling about all along. This is challenging, but important work.

On the school front, I'm really fired up about my Environmental Justice course and just had a conversation with our college's purchasing manager. It is always so refreshing to talk to people who are new to the sustainability realm. It reminds me that education can be a part of the solution... and that might be where I fit in right now.

went canoeing this morning... I do declare it's a great way to start the day. It was most excellent :) Also, I've heard from the old sven-ster, which marks my first phone conversation with one of the ol' aussies since I've been home. I have a green cleaning program tonight, which will surely be enjoyable as well :)

I feel as though I'm on a bike heading down hill towards the weekend... and it is a good path to be on.

love,
megs

ps-the thankful list:
-chalk for drawing on walls
-getting up at 5:45 in the morning and then getting to wake up your housemates
-making a yummy breakfast out of food that I know very well where it came from
-I feel extremely spoiled in knowing where my food came from, so privileged to have that relationship
-my sleepy music mix I listen to in the evening with Paul Simon, Iron and Wine, and Dar Williams among others...
-my housemates who keep me stocked on my minimum of 8 hugs a day (usually before lunch!)
-rain
-lightening and its beauty
-house plants (mint and pothos specifically)
-canoe trips in the morning
-talk of an evening dip at the res... which I hope materializes
-the "judgment window" at the SENS house
-laughter... and the hilarious folks I live with
-the seasons in nature and the mirroring cycles of heart that provide continual revitalization and growth

4 Comments:

At 11:14 PM, Blogger Sven said...

i live what youve said about the heart being an untrained dog.

its as good as the stuff that i come up with :P

although, i go outside - and you look back in.

*beauty*

hugs, canoeing is the best - espically early in the morning :D

- Sven

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Matt said...

Hey, hows it going? Long time, no talk. A couple weeks ago I checked out your desert pictures and they are amazing!! It's great to see people appreciating the different areas of our world. I spent some time last summer in the western U.S. desert and when I get the chance will post some pictures on my blog. Keep and eye out for them. Good luck in school and everything else. Peace,

Matt

P.S. I enjoyed your musing on leaves and hearts. It was very well put.

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Noelle said...

Hey Megan,

I miss you lots. I don't have skype and I don't have a phone card ... but I do want to talk to you. I love you lots, and I hope your heart is ok. Mine is bruised a bit.

Love!

Noelle!

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Matt said...

I couldn't agree more. I've caught senioritus as well. After this semester, only 1 class left, hopefully. And I also agree, yes, damn those confusing relationships. They always seem to sneak-up and try to derail my whole operation out here in Tennessee. Keep on blogging and watch for a post on mine this week, I'm going to try and get one out there.
Matt

ps: I'm loving those lists of things your glad about and, of course, the ps at the end

 

Post a Comment

<< Home