megwheresheis

This is about my journeys that take me to wherever I am... physically, emotionally, spiritually... just where I am... on this crazy journey. Feel free to jump on and come for the ride, visitors most welcome.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Ch-ch-ch-changes...

Today I'm reminded of that cheesy song about changes... but it's where I am right now. Tomorrow I start my senior year of college (how the heck did I get here, and where am I going?) Today we got a new SENS housemate, Alix. She has already amazed me. She's a 16 year old sophomore in college. She un-schooled herself (a progressive form of homeschooling for folks who don't know)... and her energy reminds me of my west coast ladies. So we're both trying to unpack and get situated at the same time. I had trouble leaving the chill peaceful energy of Paige's place, but I knew it had to happen, so I finally moved into the SENS house. Our other new housemate, Eli, seems to be a really cool cat as well... during our house meeting I said something would kill two birds with one stone and he replied that we do love to kill birds... it was just hillarious. And of course, I can't not mention my younger brother Wes. It feels good to have a familiar friend starting this year with me as well. Honestly, I think this is one of the strongest groups we've had in the house... Everyone seems very dedicated. That's the SENS update... It's not that SENS is my life (well... actually... hmmm...), but it's a huge part of it...

onto the other things... I feel so blessed to have Megan Bihn staying with us right now. She's always joyful. We've had so many crazy conversations too, she really helps me process my thoughts and experiences.

I'm very thankful today for my tiny mint plant. I found her in a spring about a month ago, and she's really taking off. I feel like this plant is going to be lead me to relationships with other houseplants. :) I love plants.

I'm trying to get my heart together tonight and relax, because everything will be okay. It always is. Here's my prayer to for tonight:

Dear Megan,
Still your nervous heart. Stop, for this instant, and look at the reality of your situation. So you start school tomorrow, so what? You are not in any danger, fear not little girl.
Acknowledge your blessings by having a peaceful heart. Avoid letting fear of the future tarnish this moment's wonder.
Send love to the people in your life who are helping you grow on this journey... and collect the love being sent to you.
With beautiful intention, fill your heart first and work outward from there. Make love crystals.


Those are my hopes for the very near future... and this is my thankful list:
-water to drink
-enough food to eat
-bathroom journals to share life goals in
-Megan Bihn for visiting
-friendships, dynamic and growing
-music to calm my tiny heart
-The movie "What the Bleep do we know" (we watched it as a house tonight and then chatted about it)
-free food!
-fun
-singing
-love
-hugs, at least 8 a day
-that we got my loft bed put together!

1 Comments:

At 11:58 PM, Blogger Sven said...

since when did you hava a little heart?? :)

O! i was going to tell you - i had a peanutbutter and JAM sandwich today. it was good.

and i had fresh bread and it only made it better. ^_^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home