megwheresheis

This is about my journeys that take me to wherever I am... physically, emotionally, spiritually... just where I am... on this crazy journey. Feel free to jump on and come for the ride, visitors most welcome.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

it's been a while!

Hey everyone,
I know it has been a while... and indeed I have been slipping on this blog thing... I do believe I'm over jet-lag (which is quite the accomplishment, I think).

Let me give y'all the update:

My heart is full! It's been energizing to be with my fam again! I couldn't have a better life:
-I watch my little Ava during the day. She makes my heart happy... we dance together, and laugh too. We've taken to going on long walks every afternoon after lunch. I think she is still my nature baby.
-I'm runnin' in the evenings with my seesters. They're graciously patient enough to put up with my slow pace and encourage me all the way.
-I'm doing sudoku and cross sums before bed (the mathlete in me love this!)
-I'm catchin' up with old friends all over the place
-I got to help out at the little kids summer reading party and the teen one as well. At the teen one I met some very cool cats... this little boy Bryan was the funniest dancer I have ever seen, and his enthusiasm was unstoppable and contagious.... this very quiet girl Sarah taught me how to play Egyptian Rat Screw and we had a good time as well... and it's always good to get to spend time with Aunt Pegasus, Joy, Shelia, and Midster. I also met Maria, the new ya librarian, who Missy and I both adore!
-Everyday I find new opportunities to utilize the power of the now... and I'm still enjoying Eckhart Tolle's latest book New Earth.
-I met Joy's little boy, Chase, who has the best baby cheeks on this side of the Mississippi (I'm certain of this!)
-At night Missy and I usually take a walk around the ol' Anna... and appreciate fireflies together.

It has been interesting to be home...
I notice the violence in American culture more that I've been away from it.... also the little gm tags on the fields of corn and soybeans... that's difficult for me to reflect on.

At night, I keep looking for the southern cross, even though I know it won't be there. I'm so used to looking at it and reflecting on my day.

The weekend before last, I ran a 5k with the fam. It was nuts... 9am and 95 degrees with 80% humidity... I had a good go at it, but I nearly passed out half a mile from the finish... so we did a bit of walking... last weekend's race was better. It was cooler weather and I was more caught up on sleep, so I was actually able to finish without walking, yahoo!

Everyone here keeps growing older... people are getting married and having babies.. I feel as though I'm somehow immune to the aging game... as I go into my last year at Berea and sling-shot from there to wherever I land for the next few years... without any plans of "settling down" on the horizon.

Yesterday, Missy and I went to the Quaker meeting in Sidney. It was good to catch up with that wonderful bunch of folks! Marie mentioned how our culture asks people "what have you been doing?", "Where have you been?", "How are you?"... but often forgets to ask "How are you growing?"... after the meeting, she asked Missy and I how we have been growing.... I think that Australia made me very independent when it comes to my own spirituality... I'm thankful for that.

man... this has been a long one... I'll get some pictures of the desert trip and Sydney and home up as soon as I get the chance... until then, please accept my love :)

megs

ps-thankful list:
see above section about my life right now!

1 Comments:

At 1:20 AM, Blogger Sven said...

indeed it has been a while!! i've been feeling really guilty that i havent taken the time to write you an email yet and let you know whats been happening....

some time soon, i promice.

tonight Emma and i are going to see a group for her birthday (its really on thursday) so that will be lovley. i really wish that you couold have met her - he family is from the states and she spent lots of last year living there on her year off.

and then damo's 21st tomorrow night! free BBQ, Wine and Beer!! Woot!!

missing you, glad that your well. ttyl luv moi.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home