megwheresheis

This is about my journeys that take me to wherever I am... physically, emotionally, spiritually... just where I am... on this crazy journey. Feel free to jump on and come for the ride, visitors most welcome.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Let me set the scene for you-

This week in Anna, Ohio has been a hot one. When I get up in the morning at first glance it looks foggy outside, but upon further inspection I realize it's not fog, just the severe humidity.... I get ready for the day. Take a shower... and there is no such thing as drying off in this humid weather. The temperatures have been nearing 100, but with the humidity, the heat index is well above it. When I run with my sisters before we start we drive a cooler with cold water out to our turnaround point, and if we didn't, I'm not sure we'd make it the two miles home... this is summer in rural Ohio... the county fair just ended. I didn't go this year, but enjoyed reading the articles about it in the paper everyday.

In the midst of this summer-tastic weather-the notorious Jordo Beans has finally set up the kiddie pool for our evening leisure. I have two days off from watching my little Ava (she has to get used to her full time babysitter again sometime). We're all running about frantically to get stuff organized for Missy's wedding.

If you're in the area with a cavity, please, for your own safety stay clear of Dr. Huskey's office. I just got back from a three and a half our marathon appointment in which the hygenist said things like:
"hmm... I'm not sure what to do with this one"
"we're going to numb them both at once and try to work quickly"
"you're squirming a lot, is this hurting you?"
"well... I'll just have to get the Dr. Huskey in here to look at this one, I'm stuck"
needless to say, I don't recommend their services. Dentists like that make you want to brush your teeth at least 50 times a day and refuse to eat anything containing sugar.

But alas, in the midst of this scene there is a lot to be grateful for.... the thankful list for today is:
-my dentist appointment is over!!!!!
-that I'm not planning my own wedding anytime soon
-that I don't want to be a dentist when I grow up (I should say "if" I grow up)
... and more seriously:
-ice cold water that is clean and safe
-sunshine
-naps
-fans
-fireflies
-food to eat
-breezes
-a house
-my fam
-thoughts of Berea, Oz land, and the ever beloved Cali

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home