megwheresheis

This is about my journeys that take me to wherever I am... physically, emotionally, spiritually... just where I am... on this crazy journey. Feel free to jump on and come for the ride, visitors most welcome.

Saturday, April 03, 2010

has it been so long?

Hmm... it seems to have been ages since I wrote (and that's pretty accurate, as I just looked at the blog and found the most recent date to be last July.)  I write a small note that I have not fallen of the face of this place, but just no longer have prioritized access to reliable internet in my life.  Though in the moment I am missing folks from old berea memories of times past, there is still a lot to be grateful for.

the grateful list:
-good hotdogs and mac and cheese.  no joke.  we found these amazing dogs at happy meadow and every once and a while, we buy them for a treat.  Tonight they accompanied the mac
-the fantastical parade of daffodils around alumni fields.  Thanks John Perry for being a rocking forester and for having a love of a variety of daffodils.  Spring in this town is forever changed by you.
-camping out at the turners... though I'm not sure I slept much at all, it was nice to be in that familiar place in the warm again...reassuring that warmth is here and we are IN spring and heading into summer, woot!
-surprise boot delivery, just when I had decided they would not arrive until after the weekend.  Long story... I exchanged my hiking boots, only to realize the hike I was planning to go on tomorrow with Sierra Club folks (in search of spring flowers!) asks us to wear boots.
-the postal system: to all my pen-pals, I know I have been slacking, thank you for being rockstars.
-a sweet bug named Micah who is understanding and very silly when I am down (which inevitably makes me less down)
-the fact that I saw a lightning bug in the woods the other day (it was during the day, on an oak tree I had climbed, but it sure looked like the summer bug)
-the sunny day we got today, as a surprise after threats of thunderstorms and a windy, WINDY morning... that is, until we brought out the kite. 

much love
m

2 Comments:

At 8:49 AM, Blogger Life Scraps and Patches said...

I'm glad you're back. I miss you.

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger Tambone said...

Here's to springtime re-emergence! It's been great to see you several times in recent weeks and hope to see you more soon..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home