megwheresheis

This is about my journeys that take me to wherever I am... physically, emotionally, spiritually... just where I am... on this crazy journey. Feel free to jump on and come for the ride, visitors most welcome.

Monday, June 25, 2007

The newest of all news is that little Ricky Bertke is here! He came this morning at 1:39 am, and weighs a little over 5lbs. Below is babe and mama in the hospital. He is a sweet thing! His feet and hands are turned in, but I think it is actually extra sweet of him to be unique. He will likely be in casts before the week is out. He smiles and nurses. Such a little darling. I of course cried when I met him, he's just so darn special. Ava will love her baby brother when she meets him. My little 'mator plants in the garden getting ready for some fun. They've got nice little flowers, but no fruit just yet.
The latest garden endeavor, below are cosmo seedlings. Cosmos remind me of Connie Briggs :) I love gettin' in the garden, even if it is hard with only one working foot.

Here's what I've been excited about and working on for a while. This is my outdoor space. In the very back of the yard I've got my hammock, which I've been sleeping in often. This weekend I rigged up a tarp with bungees so that I can sleep out in the rain too. Note the tree in the light has delightful hanging plants. They want to grow up to be full of wildflowers, but we'll see how it all works out. I've also got my little watering can out there. Most nights I water the garden at 9:30, when the fireflies are just waking up then retire to my hammock to read myself to sleep under the stars. It has been so good. It's been the little peice of independence that I have been able to muster without being very mobile. So there's the quick update... and that's all I've got time for, mama and I are trying to put little Ava to bed.

I've been writing a lot, but mostly in my journal, I'll try to put some of it up here and share with y'all.

love,
megs

thankful list:
-Ricky is here and well
-Jennie and Jeff are well
-Ava is with us, currently telling us "I don't like you, I don't want to go to sleep". How special it is to be with little ones. Her honesty, really, is sweet. She's tired because when Jeff and Jennie went to the hospital at 11pm last night she heard them getting ready and woke up. So they said farewell to their darling and she stayed up with mama and me waiting for them to call us with news. So we spent a decent chunk of the night playing with Ava and it is obvious that she missed a good deal of sleep. I too was feeling snappy with my mama, but wasn't as open as Ava in admiting the obvious... but after my hammock nap, I felt better. Kids really aren't that different, they're just more open. For Ava's refreshing honesty I am grateful.
-That Ricky has expanded my ideas about diversity and beauty... thank heavens he's unique.
-fireflies
-my hammock and the personal space it give me
-the banjo in my life
-Anna water, yum
-hearing from friends
-listening to music with mandolins... I don't know why, but I've got a bit of a crush on that instrument these days
-being home for Ricky's welcome

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 10:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hooray for new things like babies and updates

 

Post a Comment

<< Home