megwheresheis

This is about my journeys that take me to wherever I am... physically, emotionally, spiritually... just where I am... on this crazy journey. Feel free to jump on and come for the ride, visitors most welcome.

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Here's Glen and Jessica Identifying some plant (I think it was wild ginger). This is the little rock that started the whole thing... here's a piece of coal that slipped out of an old mine. It's interesting that one resource can in a sense betray the others.
Check out this wicked cool tree sit we found on the ridge top.
I was talking to Dawny Z and she wanted to know what she (as a person living outside Appalachia) can do to stop Mountaintop Removal... and I'm working on putting together a list or things. One thing I know off the top of my head is to write to your reps about the Clean Water Act renewal, because it will classify valley fill as "waste" and make it illegal to continue burrying Appalachian streams.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home