megwheresheis

This is about my journeys that take me to wherever I am... physically, emotionally, spiritually... just where I am... on this crazy journey. Feel free to jump on and come for the ride, visitors most welcome.

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Hmmm.... Only a month and some time left in this phase of my life. It is interesting to be at the SENS house alone right now. Quiet enough for me to fill it with reflection... on what I have learned in these walls, how much laughter has filled this place... the tough times that happened here... what amazing people I've lived with here... that I'm actually leaving this place very soon... and that means leaving my 8 hugs/day housemates, too. I remember the first few times I came down here my freshmen year, I was so impressed with everything going on. They always seemed to have lots of tea, maybe things don't change. I am so grateful for the growth that has happened to me in this place. I can hardly believe that I'm actually on my way out. hmm. I'm quite excited and scared and everything. It's cliche, I know. But people say it all the time for a reason. This graduating stuff is pretty darn amazing.

... onto something less sentimental, I think I should do the dishes, the fridge is full. Over break I've been really lazy and hiding dirty dishes in the fridge. I think it's a really fun thing to do. You should try it.

hmmmm... my thankful list for the day:
-family that loves me
-that my family is delightfully odd
-yummy Anna water
-the smell of my clean clothes
-new running accessories
-little grams and her cooking
-Pegasus who I get to wisk away for lunch
-Jennie's little belly that she's getting... and the tiny Ricky-baby growing inside her
-Ava boo! She said to me "I color, you play the 'jo for me" ..."pease". That little girl has got the best manners I've ever seen on a two year old, and the cutest belly too!
-my little mama and her thoughtfulness
-missy sue and our sisterly ways: matching lime green bingo pj's, snugglin', bedtime stories, sleeping with our fat cat-bumpus, eating cereal out of one bowl, talking until we fall asleep
-big lots and their excellent deals on good food, hooray for that!
-Corrie's little "Welcome dear spring" mix that she made me

ps-for the next few days I'll be out of town again. I'm going to Flyod Co. Kentucky to do a plant survey. We're hoping to find lots of biodiversity or something endangered or threatened. Our goal is to file an unsuitable for mining petition to prevent the site from having mountaintop removal done on it. Just in case you're not familiar with MTR, it is a horrible type of mining used in Appalachia. It disturbs communities, water quality, and sooo much more...visit www.ilovemountains.org or ask me and I'll give you the entire run down. I'm really excited to be part of something that matters so much.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home