megwheresheis

This is about my journeys that take me to wherever I am... physically, emotionally, spiritually... just where I am... on this crazy journey. Feel free to jump on and come for the ride, visitors most welcome.

Sunday, March 12, 2006

A hot one!

Hey everyone...
Just wanted to let you know it's about 115 degrees here (honestly)... it's not humid, so that's nice and there's actually a bit of a breeze. I have officially caught the blasted "res" cold. Feeling a bit better though, after some tea, oranges, and apple cider vinegar. The highlight of this week has been getting the bike working, woot! Went for a ride yesterday to the river on this dodgy path then went for a float and a swim upstream to get a bit of a workout with my friend Leanne. It felt like we were twelve on a summer day riding our bikes through this crazy path, almost falling off the tiniest bridges over little dried up creeks...laughing all the way... and swimming in the sun with little kids around... it was just absolutely wonderful!

Last night I went to a free concert by a Kylie Manoge impersonator (she's the lady that sung the locomotion song in the 80s and has had a few hits since then). It was quite the show! I took my camera to get some good shots for the blog, but when I got there realized the batteries were dead... dang... Patrick took a few pictures on his camera that I'll try and get up soon.

Then I went out dancing with Nikki and some other folks on res, it's really nice to have this sense of community here. The dancing was good fun, despite the oncoming cold. Someone told me they could tell I was an exchange student because I didn't dance anything like Aussies... but they said that was a good thing...so that's alright I suppose... I'm not sure if I dance like Americans either (but I didn't mention that, let 'em think I'm not crazy, just American) Meant to go to church this morning, but when my alarm went off I realized my entire head was congested and my throat was screamingly sore.. so I passed. Oh yeah, another highlight was finding this little farmers' market... Got some killer deals! Spent about ten bucks (7 American) and I got 5 huge zucchinis, 5 oranges, 6 peaches, a cucumber, and a dozen free range eggs all local and organic... score! Then today at a garage sale I found a little muffin tin so I can make some zucchini bread muffins :)

Today is a day for the river, and I'm sure we'll go at some point. Might put in some recharged batteries and take some river shots for y'all.

Life is good.

love,
mn

ps-things I'm thankful for today:
-breezes on hot days
-Apple Cider Vinegar
-Billie Holiday music
-ice cold water
-dancing
-swimming

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home