megwheresheis

This is about my journeys that take me to wherever I am... physically, emotionally, spiritually... just where I am... on this crazy journey. Feel free to jump on and come for the ride, visitors most welcome.

Monday, March 06, 2006

the news for the day... my new wheels!

That's right... my news is that I now have a bike. I got it for five bucks at a garage sale (including the silly skateboarding helmet). We worked on it a lot tonight on the res. We've got it mostly ready, the only problem is that the back wheel starts to come off when you ride it... minor detail... I'm sure we'll get it sorted out when we actually find some tools that fit. The reason this is such a big deal to me is that I'm on my way to having another of my three "feel at home" needs... with a bike I can find a place away from res that I feel connected to. I could even ride into town and visit my favorite botanical garden :)

oh yeah, I turned in my first Aussie uni assignment today... we'll see how it goes...

things I'm thankful for today:
-e-mails from friends that make you laugh out loud
-floating down the Murray river
-The Art of Happiness by the Dalai Lama (a good book to read when you miss the last bus out of town and have to wait for a ride)
-this woman in the grocery store wearing a bright orange striped moo-moo (really, she had style and courage)
-PMA (positive mental attitude)
-my prof Penny, who is cute as a button... and really loves her job
-enough food to eat
-composting toilets
-my bike!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home