megwheresheis

This is about my journeys that take me to wherever I am... physically, emotionally, spiritually... just where I am... on this crazy journey. Feel free to jump on and come for the ride, visitors most welcome.

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Aussie Camp Out!

Hello everyone...
Down under has been a hoot thus far... Just got back form a mandatory camp for all environmental studies students. Wonderful... Archery (ha!), canoeing, swimming, bushwalking (and learning about the local flora), challenge courses, high ropes courses, lots of good stuff... I'm living on a campus with 40 people, quite the little community. We have become known as the "res-ies" (we live in the residence halls). Everyone has offered to take me home on the weekends to different parts of the country. In a few weeks I'm going to a folk festival on the eastern coast... woot! Oh yeah, and it's been in the 90-100 degree range since I've been here. I still don't have my own laptop online, so no pictures yet... hopefully soon though. I now have an address and a phone number as well... e-mail me if you want them (it seems a bit strange to just put them on the web). People seem pretty excited about my "accent". I only have class for 12 hours a week, and I can't work on my student visa! For the most part I'm over the jet lag and just excited to be in this new, interesting place. Glad I chose this "uni" there aren't very many international students so I get to spend a lot of time with real locals. Lot os fun stuff planned for our orientation week. I'll catch up more once I get my laptop online.
Love,
mn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home