megwheresheis

This is about my journeys that take me to wherever I am... physically, emotionally, spiritually... just where I am... on this crazy journey. Feel free to jump on and come for the ride, visitors most welcome.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

day two... so far

Finally got some rest last night. I didn't go to bed until 9:45 yahoo! I'm going to the river for a swim today and going to explore and read for a while. I think I need some personal time outside after the dorm style hostel. I've shared this quote and think I'm going to adopt it as my temporary mantra (I know it's long for that, but good).

-"The second gift of wisdom is the gift of tracking, of discerning the true course of things... the journey embeds us in the cycle of life, in the fire that burns forever. In it, we find our place. In it, we live. A tent is not our shelter. Rather, the journey is our shelter... The journey is the song we make of our lives... We are seekers of holy places...Wherever life moves, the hand of god is under it, so no step can be off the path. When you stumble on the mountainside, that is part of your path... Remember too that the person standing in your track is you...the tracks you make are your own. Stand in them bravely."

That's from Daniel Quinn's new book Tales of Adam. I'm trying to stand in my tracks bravely today, or rather just trying to stand (after that jet lag, it is a challenge).

Thanks to everyone who has kept me in their thoughts over this journey :)

love,

mn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home