megwheresheis

This is about my journeys that take me to wherever I am... physically, emotionally, spiritually... just where I am... on this crazy journey. Feel free to jump on and come for the ride, visitors most welcome.

Sunday, October 26, 2008

youch!

This just in: Making pumpkin butter is a dangerous activity!  I was just burnt on the face by some flying boiling pumpkin butter.  I'm amused! 
 
Overall, I'm well.  I realized today that I'm in a time of transition here (which surprised me, for some reason) as I'm in an awkward spot working on campus, but no longer a student.  It's not a big deal, but I'm tryin' to make friends who have similar schedules and who won't be graduating and leaving in May.  For some reason I tend to underestimate transitions and the challenge they bring. 
 
It's chilly here now, and we're scheming up interesting ways to cut down on our heating bills.... my favorite trick: boiling a quart of water and sleeping with a hot mason jar in my sleeping bag.  Speaking of sleepin' bag, it's sure callin' my name.
 
grateful list:
-canning food
-sleep, and the nearness of it.
-vince, and the planning of a winter bluegrass visit
-A-town kids who keep tracking me down for chats
-greg brown "I've never seen anything so beautiful or so ordinary"
-health
-sunshine on fall evenings
-Tracy Chapman "I wanna wake up and know where I'm goin"

1 Comments:

At 8:57 PM, Blogger Life Scraps and Patches said...

Megan, I think you've been living with transition for several years now. And you always do it well. Hope we can get together soon. Connie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home