megwheresheis

This is about my journeys that take me to wherever I am... physically, emotionally, spiritually... just where I am... on this crazy journey. Feel free to jump on and come for the ride, visitors most welcome.

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Week one on the "res"

So... I've been here for a week, on what is called the res (residences). I've noticed that the kids sure are addicted to TV, but also that it's amazingly beautiful weather and there are heaps of other things to do. This past week was orientation week and it was quite different than in the states. Every night there was a dance with a cheesy theme. I went to most of them, and by the time the weekend rolled around I was ready for some down time. Spent a good portion of the week dancing and laughing... good stuff.

I'm really glad classes start tomorrow, I've been waiting for this for months!

I'm feeling more and more comfortable here... it's interesting, I spend at least 30 minutes a day talking to people astonished with my accent. I think they'll eventually get over it. I'm starting to feel more settled in because I feel like I'm getting to know people and am growing more confident that I know what's going on here. Also, because I've found a few of my favorite plants and know where they're located around town.

Caught a beautiful sunset tonight.

I didn't give this address to many folks in this country and I figure I'll just make it easy on those of you who are looking for cheap flight tickets to come visit me... my address is:

Megan Naseman
Rothwells Residences- CSU
Locked Bag 2003
ALBURY, NSW 2640

and my phone is:
(the international phone code) 0011-(Aussie country code) +61-02-605-19517

I'm not really sure what they mean by the plus, but that's what it is.

Things that I'm thankful for today:
-yarns (stories)
-soy yogurt
-lotion for sunburns
-water
-pink sunsets
-tofu and cous cous
-breezes
-this community (the Rothwells)
-gum trees

1 Comments:

At 8:56 PM, Blogger ecogyrl said...

more pix, more posts, more, more, more!!!
we miss ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home